"Well written, funny and wistful" - Paul Linford; "He is indeed the Lib Dem blogfather" - Stephen Tall "Jonathan Calder holds his end up well in the competitive world of the blogosphere" - New Statesman "A prominent Liberal Democrat blogger" - BBC Radio 4 Today; "One of my favourite blogs" - Stumbling and Mumbling; "Charming and younger than I expected" - Wartime Housewife
Thursday, August 20, 2026
Reform councillor who said she ‘received no training’ sent resignation letter to wrong council
The Independent wins our Headline of the Day Award.
After they had announced their verdict, I told the judges I didn't receive any training when I was a councillor all those years ago.
They asked if I lived in a shoebox in the middle of the road.
Despite all our gleeful cataloguing of Reform defections and resignations, as Augustus showed, the party actually gained councillors (through by-election gains and defections) between May 2025 and May 2026. My feeling is that the tide has turned since then, but we shall see...
No shortage of Reform resignations and defections all through the school holidays. Personally I CANNOT WAIT for Augustus Carp's next blog
ReplyDeleteDespite all our gleeful cataloguing of Reform defections and resignations, as Augustus showed, the party actually gained councillors (through by-election gains and defections) between May 2025 and May 2026. My feeling is that the tide has turned since then, but we shall see...
DeleteThe Lady in question has now resigned properly from Newcastle under Lyme Council.
ReplyDelete