Saturday, December 01, 2012

Sam Carter at the Harborough Theatre


Three weeks ago I chose Sam Carter as my Sunday music video. So when I found out that he was playing in Market Harborough this evening I had to go along.

I can confirm that he is a good singer, superb guitarist and an amiable personality. I chatted to him when buying a CD during the interval, and he was able to keep the audiences attention while retuning his guitar between songs - something some talented performers never master.

The first half concentrated on his early songs and the second on his new CD The No Testament. For my money the second half was stronger. No doubt he has improved as a songwriter with experience, and this recent work is influenced by church music.

More about Sam Carter on his website.

No comments: