Monday, June 10, 2013

Tim Yeo to sue himself for libel

Mr Tim Yeo, Conservative MP for and South Suffolk and Chairman of the Energy and Climate Change Select Committee, has announced his intention to sue himself for libel.

“I am going to nail my own ass,” he told a Liberal England reporter.

He described his statement "If you want to meet the right people, I can facilitate all those introductions and I use the knowledge I get from what is quite an active network of connections" as "wholly untrue".

“I was particularly shocked by my assent to the proposition that this included ‘Government figures’,” he added.

“Moreover, my suggestion that I said, of the managing director of GB Railfreight, ‘I told him in advance what to say. Ha-ha’ is a gross libel. I would never end anything  by saying ‘ha-ha’. Ha-ha.”

No comments: