Saturday, January 10, 2015

The Beerhouse, Market Harborough


This afternoon I finally made it to Market Harborough's newest pub, the Beerhouse. You will find it just off St Mary's Road.

The building, it has to be admitted, is not a thing of beauty, but inside you will find a pleasant atmosphere and an impressive selection of good beer, perry and cider.

I had a chat with Jon Pollard, whose project the Beerhouse is and who once wrote a guest post - "The perfect Christmas gift for a carer" - for this blog.

There is more about micropubs on the Micropub Association website. And more about Jon's plans in the Harborough Mail.

2 comments:

wolfi said...

Jonathan, I've read (maybe here?) that many pubs in the UK had to close and there will be more closings.
That's areal pity! I have many fond memories - starting with my first visit to Canterbury in the summer of 1965 for a language course.
A bit OT:
There's a pub (well it used to be a restaurant) in my German home town that I've been visiting as a regular (Stammgast) for almost 50 years - and nothing there has changed ...

Phil Beesley said...

My best wishes to Jon Pollard.

You'll never known whether the idea works until you try it.