Thursday, September 28, 2006

Bremner, Bird and Fortune on the skids

Last night I took part in an improvised comedy workshop in Leicester. It was great fun and reminded me of the television show Whose Line is it Anyway? from the 1980s.

When it started it was exciting and new - the sort of show you stayed in to see. After a while you stopped doing that, but you certainly watched it if it was on. Then it drifted out of your consciousness until, if you happened to catch it, you were amazed that it was still on.

A lot of shows go through this sort of cycle. Have I Got News for You? is on the way down, though it was given new life after Angus Deayton was sacked. Now Bremner, Bird and Fortune is on the skids. I watched the last series out of duty, not because it was funny. I did not bother with the start of the new series last Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BBF is on the skids? It's been on the skids for ages. I'm astonished it's been commissioned for another series, to be honest, I stopped watching ages ago as there was almost nothing in it that was aspiring to even being mildly amusing, and it seemed to go to an adbreak every five minutes as they simply didn't have the material to fill the slot.