Thursday, September 07, 2006

Steve Irwin

I was not a great fan of the late Steve Irwin. But I do admire this tribute from Chase Me Ladies, I'm in the Cavalry:
His death is especially tragic when you consider how many people there are on TV who deserve to be attacked by stingrays. To kill Steve Irwin and spare the entire cast of Friends shows very poor judgement on the stingray’s part, in my opinion.

He was highly talented, in his way. Almost any other job on TV I could do myself, but I couldn't do his. I could read the news- so could any idiot. I could commentate on a tennis match. But could I sneak up on a deadly snake and twat it with a stick? Could I wrestle an infuriated crocodile into a pit, using only my bare hands? Probably not, is the answer.

1 comment:

Paul Evans said...

The opening line "Steve Irwin has been eaten by a stingray" led me to burst out in horribly inappropriate laughter at work, something that website often does to me.