Monday, November 23, 2015

Lord Bonkers' Diary: "I'm a Jihadi, Daddy"

Another diary entry from Rutland's most popular fictional peer, first published in Liberator magazine. This one proved scarily prophetic.

"I'm a jihadi, Daddy"

This evening I attend a viewing of a sparkling new print of one of my favourite Oakham Studios films.

Set amid the trad jazz boom of the early 1960s, it is nevertheless the hard-hitting story of a schoolgirl (played by the young Helen Shapiro) who is radicalised by a penfriend and eventually travels to Syria to take part in the armed conflict there.

I feel sure that ‘I’m a Jihadi, Daddy’ will win itself a whole new generation of viewers.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South-West 1906-10.

Previously in Lord Bonkers' Diary<
  • We are not downhearted
  • How the Lib Dems won Loch Ness
  • Freddie, Fiona and four-cornered liberalism
  • Mary Berry is unmasked
  • No comments: