Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Lord Bonkers' Diary: I am not the Wise Woman of Wing

And so another week at Bonkers Hall comes to a close. There is more about the Wise Woman of Wing on this blog.

Tuesday

The telephone is brought to me; who should be at the other end of the line than one of those amusing young people at Liberator magazine?

I am respectfully asked if I would care to include my predictions for May’s various elections in this diary.

“By all means, I reply. “When is the copy deadline? The week after polling day, I trust: that makes it so much easier to get one’s predictions right.”

Not a bit of it: it turns out that the copy deadline is tonight.

Who do they think I am? The Wise Woman of Wing?

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South West, 1906-10.

Previously in Lord Bonkers' Diary

No comments: