Sunday, July 31, 2016

Six of the Best 614

"Bewildered and infuriated by the BBC’s refusal to run hard-left soundbites as headlines, the paranoid left assume Auntie is involved in some sort of right-wing establishment plot." Martin Robbins on the paranoid style of the Corbynistas.

Rob Stickland says the Liberal Democrats are on the rise.

Anonymous writes: "I’m an NHS ambulance dispatcher. I am overworked and undervalued. I try to do my best for you, but I’m sorry my service often fails when you need it the most."

The peer review system is leading to good research going unpublished, argues David Matthews.

"Though it is now considered a classic, Stand By Me struggled to make it to screens. Financed outside the studio system after the cult success of “This is Spinal Tap,” after nearly every Hollywood player passed on the script, the film was nearly derailed after its funding collapsed right before filming." Brent Lang celebrates the film's 30th anniversary.

Backwatersman samples county Second XI cricket at Desborough.

No comments: