Andytoknow introduces us to New Holland, a railway village on the south bank of the Humber, and in particular to New Holland Pier station, where trains met the ferry that made the crossing to and from Hull.
Liberal Democrat Blog of the Year 2014
"Well written, funny and wistful" - Paul Linford; "He is indeed the Lib Dem blogfather" - Stephen Tall
"Jonathan Calder holds his end up well in the competitive world of the blogosphere" - New Statesman
"A prominent Liberal Democrat blogger" - BBC Radio 4 Today; "One of my favourite blogs" - Stumbling
and Mumbling; "Charming and younger than I expected" - Wartime Housewife
I forget the year, but the Liberal Party conference was in Scarborough. I travelled up with Andy Ellis, Colin Rosenstiel and a few other rail enthusiasts (I was and am a complete amateur when it comes to knowledge of railways) and this was the way they had planned to get there: across the Humber on the ferry and then from Hull to York. I wish now that I had photos, but in those days I foolishly believed that taking photos distanced one from the immediate experience - which of course I have largely forgotten with the passage of time.
ReplyDelete