Saturday, February 16, 2008

Richard Jefferies and the Ecological Vision

I have a confession to make. I did a very vain thing and searched for "Jonathan Calder" on Google Books.

And I am glad I did, because I find that I have been quoted in Richard Jefferies and the Ecological Vision by Brian Morris.

As is the way with Google Books, you can't see everything. But I assume that what Morris quotes is an article I published in the Richard Jefferies Society's journal. This was a shortened version of the Society's Birthday Lecture, which I gave at Aldbourne in Wiltshire in the mid 1990s.

Previous lecturers have included Richard Church and Henry Williamson, so I was more than a little chuffed to be asked.

That lecture, in turn, was based on the dissertation for an MA in Victorian Studies which I completed at Leicester a year or so before that.

The only problem is that vanity now compels me to buy the book.

1 comment:

Stephen Bigger said...

and perhaps put this paper and your dissertation on line... Stephen