Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lord Bonkers' Diary: The governance of Rutland

“Why doesn’t Rutland declare UDI, secede from the UK and become a stateless society with private law and stuff?” – Jock, Oxford

Really, don’t you read my stuff? Rutland has been an independent nation since the occupying Leicestershire forces were driven back over the border in 1997 (I myself led our forces in several skirmishes in that war).

We now live as an anarcho-syndicalist collective – albeit one consistent with our most ancient families continuing to enjoy full possession of their landed estates. For myself, I continue to plot the overthrow of the Duke of Rutland and his replacement with a more suitably qualified candidate.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South-West 1906-10.

Previously in Lord Bonkers' Diary

No comments: