Sunday, October 16, 2016

Donald Trump's defence witness Anthony Gilberthorpe



One of the torrent of accusations against Donald Trump is that he groped a woman called Jessica Leeds on a US internal flight more than three decades ago.

However, a witness has come forward to say that no such assault took place.

As the New York Post reports:
The man says he was sitting across from the accuser and contacted the Trump campaign because he was incensed by her account — which is at odds with what he witnessed. 
“I have only met this accuser once and frankly cannot imagine why she is seeking to make out that Trump made sexual advances on her. Not only did he not do so (and I was present at all times) but it was she that was the one being flirtatious,” Anthony Gilberthorpe said in a note provided to The Post by the Trump campaign.
If the name Anthony Gilberthorpe sounds familiar, it is probably because of a news story from 2014.

Then the Daily Mirror reported:
Senior Tory cabinet ministers were supplied with underage boys for sex parties, it is sensationally claimed. 
Former Conservative activist Anthony Gilberthorpe said he told Margaret Thatcher 25 years ago about what he had witnessed and gave her names of those involved. 
His allegations that he saw top Tories having sex with boys comes after David Cameron launched a Government inquiry into claims of a cover-up. 
Anthony, 52, said: “I am prepared to speak to the inquiry. I believe I am a key witness.” 
Trawling seedy streets during a Tory conference, Gilberthorpe says he was asked to find underage rent boys for a private sex party at a top hotel. 
Today, more than three decades later, he claims he was acting on the orders of some of the most senior figures of Margaret Thatcher’s government.
The Mirror went on to say:
He says one person who attended a party is a current serving minister. 
Others said to be present at the parties included Keith Joseph, Rhodes Boyson, Dr Alistair Smith and Michael Havers
And back in 2007 who was it who witnessed the collapse of a building in Westminster?
Eyewitness Anthony Gilberthorpe told BBC News 24: "I heard a mighty explosion and about two floors and the roof of a building to my left hand side was literally showering down in front of me. 
"So I literally threw myself, literally jumped up and threw myself, to the right hand side of the road not knowing whether I was going to be hit." 
Mr Gilberthorpe saw a van driver step out of his vehicle moments before it was hit by a huge piece of debris. 
"What I did see which was quite shocking was a huge boulder went right through his vehicle, literally where he had been 15 seconds previously and I think that's the most frightening thing that I actually witnessed.
I don't know how convincing a witness Mr Gilberthorpe will make for Trump, but he certainly has an interesting life.

2 comments:

crewegwyn said...

Don't we all have a detailed recollection of journeys from 30 years ago and the actions of our fellow passengers?

Phil Beesley said...

Mostly not. But I think I'd remember such an exceptional man.