Sunday, May 06, 2012

Spencer Davis wins $250,000 lottery prize

From Examiner.com:
On Friday, Spencer Davis of Los Angeles County collected his $250,000 prize from California Lottery after purchasing a winning Black Scratchers ticket. In a press release issued by officials, Davis has been part of the rock n' roll group The Spencer Davis Group since the 1960’s. 
“I don’t even bother scratching the entire ticket. I just scratch what I have to and run it through the check-a-ticket machine,” Said Davis. “When it said I won $250,000, I called a lady over to look at it, assuming the machine was broken, but it wasn’t, I really had won that prize!” 
Mr. Davis bought his ticket at Vons Express on Catalina Island (near Los Angeles). He went into the store to get breakfast burritos and came out a quarter of a million dollars richer.
Initial reports suggest that, despite his win, Davis still has the blues.

No comments: