Sunday, January 19, 2014

My book chapter on "Histories of Abuse"

Back in 2005 I contributed a chapter - "Histories of Abuse" - to the book Making and Breaking Children's Lives.

The other day, as you do, I had a look in Google Books to see if anyone had referenced it and found three instances:

The New Early Years Professional: Dilemmas and Debates edited by Angela D. Nurse

Sex Offenders and the Internet by Dennis Howitt & Kerry Sheldon

Understanding Women and Child Sexual Abuse: Feminist revolutions in theory, research and practice by Sam Warner

I even found that Angela Nurse had quoted a short passage that gives the argument of my chapter:
the chastening truth is that child abuse has always been known about and talked about, that the willingness amongst the public and professionals to do something about it has waxed and waned through the years, and it is by no means clear that professionals have always been on the more admirable side of the argument.

No comments: