Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Lord Bonkers' Diary: Comet Kardashian

Monday (cont.)

So (we are back at Oakham Studios now talking about that blessed comet – do try to keep up) it was with this experience in mind that I suggested we stage the whole thing here.

“Is that ethical?” asked a fellow bigwig.

“It is for the European Union,” I replied firmly, “and as Liberal Democrats we all know that the European Union can do no wrong. Thus any action to improve its reputation is morally justified.”

The plan agreed, I searched the shelves of my Library until I found what I was looking for: “I-Spy In the Night Sky” by my old friend Big Chief I-Spy. (How a Red Indian Chief came to be living in Shepperton is a story I do not have time to unfold today.) And in it I found the perfect comet for our purposes.

So it was this morning that I made my way to Oakham Studios to stage the landing of Delors-1 on Comet Kardashian. More than one of the film crew remarked that our craft was “the size of a washing machine”. That was not surprising as it is a washing machine. I may have neglected to inform my Housekeeper of my intention to borrow it, but we must all make sacrifices for Europe, what?

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South-West 1906-10.

Previously in Lord Bonkers' Diary
  • Confessions of a Knocker Up
  • Saturn? Terribly Far
  • Fellows, Morton & Clayton
  • No comments: