Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Lord Bonkers' Diary: Wallace Lawler in Peaky Blinders

It's only Tuesday, but it's already the end of another week at Bonkers Hall.

Tuesday

I seem to have left myself rather short of space for the rest of the week, so I shall not be able to share my encounter with Clegg with you – suffice to say, I informed him that appointing a few women to the Cabinet would be more use than wearing a T-shirt.

However, I shall say a few words in defence of 'Peaky Blinders'. Some have questioned the accuracy of its portrait of Birmingham life. Speaking as one who helped Wallace Lawler win the Ladywood by-election in 1969, I should say it is exactly like that.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South-West 1906-10.

Previously in Lord Bonkers' Diary
  • Confessions of a Knocker Up
  • Saturn? Terribly Far
  • Fellows, Morton & Clayton
  • Comet Kardashian
  • No comments: