Monday, April 20, 2015

Lord Bonkers' Diary: My secretary does not get up to That Sort of Thing

The end of our latest visit to Rutland's most celebrated fictional peer. I must thank him for the confidence he expresses in me here.

My secretary does not get up to That Sort of Thing

I see the Duke of Rutland has had the rozzers crawling over his Estate after one of his employees turned out to be a former Conservative MP with a conviction for caning rent boys.

This shows, I feel, the importance of insisting upon references before offering someone employment. I have every confidence that my own Secretary does not get up to That Sort of Thing.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South-West 1906-10.

Previously in Lord Bonkers' Diary...
  • Richard III, Twycross Zoo and Foxton Locks
  • "Bomb on the Buses"
  • "My friends just won't leave me alone"
  • Lamb's friends have a lot to answer for
  • 1 comment:

    Helen Pender said...

    I'm sure he had excellent references. People with those sort of proclivities tend to back one another up.

    That's why we're in the mess we are as regards Janner.