Sunday, May 10, 2015

Rigby Graham 1931-2015

I am very sorry to hear of the death of the Leicester artist Rigby Graham.

The other day I blogged about my sixth-form Saturday job in a second-hand bookshop in the late Seventies. Rigby Graham was one of our regular visitors and was a lovely man.

Once I had been poured a tiny whisky by the owners and he complained it was just a dirty glass.

You can read more about Rigby Graham on the University of Leicester site and see his painting on the Goldmark Gallery site (from which I have borrowed this picture.)

2 comments:

Busyantine said...

How very sad to hear about Rigby Graham's death.
A wonderfully talented artist.
Can I ask how you heard of his death?

Jonathan Calder said...

It was on the Leicester Mercury website - the link is in the post.