|Bass Maltings, Sleaford © Richard Croft|
All eyes are on Richmond Park, but don't forget that there is another by-election campaign going on.
Ross Pepper is standing for the Liberal Democrats in Sleaford and North Hykeham - the contest caused by the resignation of the Conservative MP Stephen Phillips in protest at the government's conduct since the EU referendum.
I have received an email from Ross's agent, Ed Fordham, detailing ways we can aid Ross's campaign:
What can you do to help from home?
- Have a look at Ross's Facebook page Ross Pepper for Sleaford and North Hykeham
- Join the Facebook group Sleaford and North Hykeham Lib Dem Virtual HQ
- Send us a book or three of second-class postage stamps that we can use to reach some of the very rural properties across the seat
- Make a donation - no matter how small. We accept new and old £5 notes, cheques should be payable to "Ian Horner Election Agent Account" or you can go online and make a donation here
- Tell us about the local issues you are aware of or of friends or relatives who live in the constituency who can talk to us about the things that matter in the local patch.
- Get on Twitter or even join Twitter and help amplify Ross's message by ReTweeting him and issues of concern. Ross is on @RossDPepper and Ed on @edfordham
- Address envelopes and help stuff some mailings for us - we can drop stuff over to you and have a team across the region who can deliver and collect. Just let us know where you are and if you can get a couple of friends to help you.
- Bake a cake or send some food, biscuits, cheese (yes cheese!), cans of drink, tea bags and jars of coffee to help out the team who are working flat out - you can order on line and have it delivered to the HQ.
The HQ team are working 20 hours a day and can be found at 38 Electric Station Road, Sleaford, Lincolnshire NG34 7QJ.If you want to get in touch with the Lib Dem campaign, the best way is to email Ed Fordham.