Saturday, October 20, 2007

Live from the Stiperstones Inn

In January I reported that a wireless network had been installed in the Stiperstones Inn as part of a scheme to bring internet access to remote parts of rural Shropshire. I decided to investigate the scheme on your behalf.

I am writing this post in the pub, a half of Stirling from the Three Tuns brewery in Bishop's Castle at my elbow, and I can report that the network works very well.

The Stiperstones Inn also has a female cat called Skittles, incidentally.

3 comments:

Piginthepoke said...

My works office is just down the road and we have been using this facility regularly since it started. This broadplace was introduced by the then LibDem / Labour / Ind administration at Shirehall of which I was but a part. The Stiperstones Inn has always provide a warm retreat, but you can't beat good food & a pint while you do your emails etc.

Anonymous said...

Ah! Happy memories of a pint in the Three Tuns.

Anonymous said...

You may find this project interesting at Hayfield in the Peaks. Community based and now in year 5.

http://www.digitalparish.com/