Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Liberal Democrats in EastEnders

Norfolk Blogger takes the BBC to task and to pieces for its ridiculous treatment of a council by-election in EastEnders. It's top blogging.

I rarely watch the programme myself, but I imagine a more realistic coverage would go like this:

Lib Dem Canvasser: Hello, I'm calling from the Liberal Democrat Focus Team. We are going round to get people's views on what needs doing around here.

EastEnder: What's that s'posed to mean?

Lib Dem Canvasser: I see there are some potholes in the square. I'll make a note of that and ask the council to repair them.

EastEnder: I can't believe I'm 'earing this.

Lib Dem Canvasser: Is there anything else we can do for you?

EastEnder: Mind the stall!

Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice

2 comments:

Nich Starling said...

Thanks for the compliment.

Anonymous said...

For those of us too brainy to watch soaps (except for Corrie and Katherine Kelly's wonderful portrayal of barm pot Becky) at new panel game for the recession, QE the Quantitave Easing game with Stephen Fry pilots at Boggart. An there is a surprice cameo from Vince Cable