Friday, September 24, 2010

Nick Clegg to denounce Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at UN today

The Guardian reports:

Nick Clegg will today issue a strong condemnation of the Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, telling the UN that his claims, made yesterday, that the US government was behind the 9/11 attacks on New York are "bizarre, offensive and attention-grabbing".

The deputy prime minister has added the comments to a speech he is to due to make to the UN general assembly after an international outcry over Ahmadinejad's comments to the same meeting yesterday.

I took some photos of Iranian anti-Ahmadinejad demonstrators here in New York on Wednesday. I shall add one to this post when I get back to my hotel.

Later: And I have.

1 comment:

dreamingspire said...

He was upstaged by Obama's TV statement. Never mind, we can't all be President of the USA empire at the start of its Decline and Fall...