Saturday, August 10, 2013

Cat of the Day visits Pontesbury



Two years ago, almost to the day, a rather fetching grey and white job with a distinctive tip to its tail won Bishop's Castle Cat of the Day.

That cat was in the old market square again today, so I went to photograph it again - only to find the battery was not in my camera. As I hurried back to my B&B to collect it, I reasoned that the cat must have decided to help me by posing, thus leading me to discover the missing battery, because it remembered winning the award. Think Androcles and the lion.

However, that was not enough to win it my Cat of the Day Award. (I know that seems harsh, but I don't make the rules.)

For reasons I may explain one day, I was in Pontesbury photographing its former police station and magistrates court. In the car park behind it was a black and white cat with a rodent it had just caught and killed.

Though I had never met it before, when the cat saw me it began to make that odd chirruping "come and see what I've got" noise they make in such circumstances - and never at any other time.

A clear winner.

No comments: