Monday, May 12, 2008

Boris Johnson about to resign as MP for Henley

Politicalbetting.com tells us that a Dear Henley letter from Boris Johnson has just been posted on the Henley Standard website.

In it Mayor BoJo writes:

I am writing this from ex-Mayor Livingstone’s eyrie in City Hall, and it is time for Henley to find itself a new MP.

It will be a huge wrench for me. I want to thank you all for putting up with me for what has been the seven happiest and most productive years of my professional life.

So it looks as though a Henley by-election is imminent.

2 comments:

Letters From A Tory said...

A Crewe and Henley double would bring a smile to the face of many Conservatives.

Anonymous said...

Plenty of incentive for Lib Dems to go and work in the by-election:

...."the more I think of it, the more jealous I am of the brilliant new MP you will shortly discover. He or she will inherit the second most heavily wooded constituency in England (fact) and far and away the most attractive.

He or she will represent a town with the second oldest theatre outside London, a distinguished museum, a book festival, and the world’s most glorious annual celebration of pointless aquatic exertion!

He or she will also have the joy of some of the nicest and kindest constituents you could hope to meet — as well as some of the most eccentric."