Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Allison Pearson sued over missing novel

The Guardian reports that Allison Pearson is being sued after accepting an advance for a novel but failing to deliver it:

Miramax Film Corp filed its suit for breach of contract against Pearson on Friday in Manhattan Federal Court, according to Reuters, saying that although Pearson accepted $700,000 in August 2003 under a two-year contract, she has still not delivered the novel.

Miramax also said that Pearson has ignored its requests for information about the book's whereabouts since 2006.

When I was at school with the then Allison Lobbett, she never had any such problems. During mock O levels and then the real thing, if I held up my hand to ask for more paper before she did I knew I was doing really well.

No comments: