Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lord Bonkers' Diary: The Bonkers Tower

Christmas Eve

Walking on the frost-rimed grass this morning, I reflect on the folly that has led to this tiresome “credit crunch”. Money was lent without security to finance what in many cases were no more than vanity projects – anyone who has visited Dubai will know what I am talking about. Fortunately the Bank of Rutland commissioned the necessary research and concluded that, although Abu Dhabi has a lot of wealth from oil and Dubai has a similar name to Abu Dhabi, Dubai itself has no oil.

Later I call in at the Estate Office with some of Cook’s mince pies to discuss progress with my plans for the Bonkers Tower and an island on Rutland Water in the shape of John Stuart Mill’s profile. Later still, I let myself down the chimney at the Home for Well-Behaved Orphans to deliver their presents and enjoy a splendid amontillado.

Earlier this week:

No comments: