Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lord Bonkers' Diary: Sandra Gidley wrapped in baking foil

Wednesday

Sprits run high at today’s Future Fair – an event I have organised for many years now to interest the young people of Rutland in science and technology.

This time I have arranged a varied programme: Alan Beith gives a talk on Bakelite; the principles of robotics are demonstrated by Sandra Gidley (wrapped from head to foot in silver baking foil for the purpose); and there is a display of chemical reactions by a fellow with wild hair and a white coat from the University of Rutland at Belvoir. (I should like to thank the men of Uppingham Fire Brigade for their prompt response.)

Later this afternoon, as I walk my spaniels and look out on the oil wells on Rutland Water, I can only congratulate myself on my foresight in acting as the patron of this worthwhile event.

Earlier this week
You may also be interested in part 1 and part 2 of Twenty Years of Lord Bonkers.

No comments: