Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lord Bonkers' Diary: A vision of Nancy Seear

Lord Bonkers moves on.

One cannot spend all one’s time reminiscing about the golden years of television: every day there are affairs of state and on the Estate that demand my attention. This afternoon I ride over to Uppingham where last year three children gathering kindling in King’s Wood had a vision of Nancy Seear. They maintained their story stoutly even under close questioning from Cardinals sent from Hebden Bridge, and when news came of Nancy’s face being seen in the seeds of an aubergine sold on Leicester Market it was clear they were telling the truth.

The purpose of today’s meeting is to choose the design of the chapel that is to be built on the spot where the Blessed Nancy appeared to the children. As the debate threatens to drag on rather, I produce some drawings I happen to have brought with me and proceedings are soon concluded.

Previously in Lord Bonkers' Diary...

3 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

What on earth are you talking about!!

I wonder how many remember Nancy Seear. I recall here as a stalwart of conference in the late 80's and early 90's.

Frank Little said...

She was also, if I remember correctly, Sir William Beveridge's assistant when he was drawing up the famous report.

Simon Titley said...

The Great Baroness's centenary is due soon (in 2013):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baroness_Seear

Beatification cannot be far away.