Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Lord Bonkers' Diary: The Bedroom Tax and the Hall

Friday

I never liked the sound of this ‘Bedroom Tax’, not least because I have so many of the things myself. So I was glad to hear Clegg say the other day that no one will be forced to pay it unless they have turned down a move to another house.

For myself, though a place with only a hundred bedrooms would be more manageable at my time in life, I cannot see me leaving the Hall – I would miss the lake, the haha and the triumphal monuments to Liberal by-election victories.

Besides, I am in advanced negotiations about holding a time trial along the main corridor here when ‘Le Grand Départ’ comes to Rutland next year.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South West 1906-10.

Previously in Lord Bonkers' Diary

  • The elves in my covert
  • An inflatable Julian Huppert
  • Spotting a wrong 'un
  • The Liberal Detective Agency
  • No comments: