Thursday, August 23, 2007

Lord Bonkers' Diary: Thursday

The week continues in logical order:
Thursday

A telephone call asks me to hurry to Bonkers Halt, where I find the Station Master in a state of agitation. “It’s Mr Kennedy, you lordship,” he explains. “We’ve tried everything. I’ve blown my whistle and waggled my flag at him, but he just won’t stop smoking.”

English legislation does not pertain in Rutland, of course, so the celebrated Caledonian is at liberty to smoke until we reach the Leicestershire border, but he insists on smoking Golden Virginia Bottomley tobacco, which gives off the most awful acrid fumes – quite unlike my own Havana. I therefore seize the soda siphon from the buffet car and extinguish the former leader without further ado.
More from Lord Bonkers on his own website and on this blog.

No comments: