Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Lord Bonkers' Diary: I’m buggered if I know

Frankly, after all that build up, I was hoping for more than this.

I’m buggered if I know 

Tea was delicious, as indeed was dinner – cannon of Norman lamb with pugh lentils. The sun gone down over Rutland Water with a loud hiss and I have before me a blank sheet of paper.

Well, not quite blank.

Beneath the heading “How the Liberal Democrats can revive their electoral fortunes,” I find I have written the words:

“I’m buggered if I know.”

Still, a deadline is a deadline, so I shall now have a junior footman take it to the village post office so it can be telegraphed to London.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South West 1906-10

Earlier in Lord Bonkers' Diary:

  • How the Liberal Democrats can revive their electoral fortunes
  • While I enjoy my Caffè Bellotti
  • Piracy on Rutland Water
  • The work of a particularly large mole
  • Take a cold tub and volunteer for extra delivering
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    A few days ago I would have agreed. But now you have the golden opportunity of winning the Witney by-election.

    Or if not winning it outright, regaining second place.

    But come to think of it, third place would be an improvement on last time.

    Come to think of it, maintaining your lead over the Greens would be a very positive contribution to recovery.

    But the essential thing will be not to fall behind the Wessex Regionalists.

    I say essential, but we must bear in mind that the circumstances for the party are not ideal ...