Friday, September 02, 2016

Who is the greatest J.K. of them all? Vote Now!

I am running a Twitter poll on this important subject:

Lord Bonkers once wrote:
For many years, my favourite pair of opening bowlers were J.K. Galbraith and J.K. Lever; I was happy whenever I could persuade them to turn out for my XI together. Galbraith’s height and his talent for exposing the inadequacies of laissez-faire economics with witty apercus, together with Lever’s ability to bring the ball back in to right-handers, made them a fearsome combination indeed. 
These days, the only J.K. I know is J.K. Rowling, and her only appearance for me proved that she cannot bowl for toffees. I once tried reading one of her books, but could get nowhere with it. As I remarked to the Well-Behaved Orphans at the time, who wants to read about children who live in a vast gothic institution?

No comments: