Sunday, April 06, 2014

David Laws breaks his elbow in a bizarre canvassing accident

Yesterday Zoe O'Connell tweeted a newspaper cutting about an accident to David Laws. I have now found the story in the Western Gazette:
Yeovil MP David Laws has broken his elbow after falling while on the election trail in Somerset. 
On Friday he was leafleting in Horton and Broadway, near Ilminster, in the pouring rain when he slipped over in a driveway and subsequently spent the day in Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton. 
He said: “Unfortunately I had only called on five houses when I managed to slip over and fell down backwards on my left elbow. 
“The owner of the house was kind enough to come out to help me.”
I wish him a swift recovery - the report goes on to reveal that David's favourite food is red liquorice.

Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice

No comments: