Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Lord Bonkers' Diary: The Alexandra Hall Hall Hall

It all seems so long ago now, but scholars from the University of Rutland at Belvoir agree that the old boy is referring to this news story from December.

Friday

To the village hall for a concert in aid of the Home for Distressed Canvassers in Herne Bay. I am always pleased to help this cause, not least because a number of Liberal Democrat MPs who lost their seats in 2015 are still living there.

At the hall I note that the new sign I ordered has been erected over the front door. You see, I was so impressed by that British diplomat who resigned her post rather than defend our new government’s lies that I gave the order for the place to be renamed in her honour. As the sign declares, it is now the Alexandra Hall Hall Hall.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South West, 1906-10.

Previously in Lord Bonkers' Diary:

No comments: