Saturday, December 31, 2011

Congratulations to David Bill MBE

From the Leicester Mercury:
County and borough councillor David Bill, 67, is to receive an MBE for services to local government. 
The founding member of Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council has been a councillor since the authority was established in 1973. He has also held a seat on Leicestershire County Council and Leicestershire Police Authority for more than 25 years. 
"It is all I know really," Coun Bill said. 
"And while I can't remember why I got into it, I stick with it because I enjoy inspiring and encouraging people to be involved in the community where they live."
Thanks in large part to David's work, Hinckley and Bosworth is a Lib Dem council and the party is also in a healthy second place in the parliamentary constituency.

If you travel to Sheringham and visit the cafe at the North Norfolk Railway's station in the town, you will find a plaque recording that it was David who opened it. When I saw this I assumed he was asked as some sort of recognition that the line was used by many holidaymakers from the East Midlands, but it turns out that he originally comes from Sheringham.

No comments: