Saturday, November 01, 2008

Lord Bonkers' Diary: Nick Clegg goes to Sainsbury's

That video notwithstanding, as the latest issue of Liberator is now with subscribers, it is time for another week of visits to Bonkers Hall.

Monday

A gentleman learns not to interfere in the management of his own household; in particular, if I try to tell Cook how to run my kitchens I risk not being allowed to lick out her wooden spoon and mixing bowl.

Yet I shall have to pluck up my courage and mention to her the good value that J. Sainsbury offers these days. A couple of weeks ago Clegg was telling me that he and his wife are shopping at that company's supermarkets rather than having them delivered by those clever little Ocado vans: now he is talking about educating his sons privately.

Why, he must have saved a fortune!

No comments: