Thursday, November 19, 2020

Lord Bonkers' Diary: Tinkering with a cafetiere

Buckle up: it's time to begin another week with Rutland's most celebrated fictional peer.

Thursday

I surprised my closest inner circle with a trip to a private island where we could pretend things were normal just for a brief moment in time. The island, of course, was one of an archipelago in Rutland Water that I happen to own, but now I back at the Hall and working on my latest invention. 

Do you remember the 'Teasmade'? This was a contraption sold with the promise that if you set it up by your bedside it would wake you at the appointed hour next morning with a piping hot cup of tea. Well I tried one once but found it in every way less efficient than a valet. 

Nevertheless, it has given me an idea and I spend the day in my workshop tinkering with a cafetiere and the engine from an old steam-driven Shuttleworth press. The result is that I now have a working prototype of my new Morning Coffee Maker.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South West, 1906-10.

No comments: