Monday, September 11, 2006

Labour's virgin soldier

The Labour Party has announced the winner of its contest to find an official blogger for its Conference later this month:

Jonathan Roberts from Sowerby, Thirsk in North Yorkshire has won the competition to blog at this year's Labour Party conference. Jonathan's (sic) is a Labour Party conference virgin and will bring a fresh and insightful eye to the proceedings.

Jonathan blogs for this (sic) local Labour Party and his blog can be read at www.thirskandmalton.blogspot.com.
Fellow Labourite Kerron Cross is not impressed. Nor is Iain Dale:
As you know I have been ranking all the different party-affiliated blogs for a pamphlet I am compiling for the Party Conferences. I don't think I am giving away too many secrets if I tell you that Jonathan's blog was ranked 105 in my list, so didn't even make the top 100.
As ever, we Liberal Democrats order these things better. You can find details of arrangements for bloggers at our conference on the party website.

Later. Guido Fawkes points out that Jonathan Roberts' blog does not allow comments. Nice to see he is in step with the finest traditions of Labourism.

No comments: