Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lembit Opik and Brian Paddick to sue over phone-hacking

Lembit Opik and Brian Paddick have both been contestants in I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here! and both hope to the Liberal Democrat candidate in next London Mayoral election.

Now they have something else in common, reports the Guardian. Both are to take legal action over the phone-hacking scandal:
Öpik said that having been to Scotland Yard to review evidence a couple of months ago, there was "no doubt" in his mind that the News of the World had hacked his phone.

"The closure of the newspaper will do nothing to stop the legal action that myself and others are taking … I'm not going to let go of it. Nor will other people," he said.

Paddick told the BBC over the weekend: "I'm not suing News International, I'm suing the police. They failed in their legal duty to investigate properly first time around."

No comments: