Friday, September 16, 2016

Lib Dem candidate beats her grandson into fourth place

I don't like to dwell on Liberal Democrat successes in town council elections. It can come over as too needy, too Jeremy Corbyn.

But Jenny Davies' victory in Burton Latimer should be noted because the Labour candidate she beat into fourth place was her own grandson.

She told the Northamptonshire Telegraph:
“I was really pleased with the result, it was quite something. 
“I had a lot of people helping and they were brilliant, they did a great job and it was a real team effort. 
“The town council should be speaking up for the people it serves and I don’t think people thought it was. 
“I have never been backward in coming forward in what I say and I shall continue in that manner.”
I am sure Jenny is a very good granny, but she is no political novice: she is a former deputy leader of Luton Borough Council.

No comments: