Friday, September 09, 2016

Lord Bonkers' Diary: How the Liberal Democrats can revive their electoral fortunes

I have already trailed Radical Bulletin from the new Liberator. That means there is nothing for it but to spend another week with Rutland's most celebrated fictional peer.

How the Liberal Democrats can revive their electoral fortunes

As those of you who subscribed to the leather-bound edition of my collected journalism last year will know, I am a regular contributor to the newspapers – and not just the High Leicestershire Radical, which I happen to own. Thus it was no surprise when I was invited to contribute a piece under the title: “How the Liberal Democrats can revive their electoral fortunes” by one of Fleet Street’s most prominent organs.

So I sit in my Library, straight after breakfast, simply bursting with idea for this article, which must be filed this evening “without fail”. First, however, I had better sharpen my pencils.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South West 1906-10

No comments: