Sunday, December 27, 2009

My music videos for 2009

Here are the Sunday music videos I have chosen over the course of 2009.

Videos do tend to disappear from YouTube after a while. Where I have noticed this and been able to find a close equivalent, I have quietly made the substitution. But the moral is clear: enjoy these songs while you can.

I started choosing a Sunday music video when I finally got broadband access in October 2007. You can find my earlier choices in a posting from August of this year.

4 January The Byrds: Mr Tambourine Man
11 January Martha and the Muffins: Echo Beach
18 January Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood: Little Wing
25 January Neil Young: Sugar Mountain

1 February Whippersnapper: The Hard Times of Old England
8 February Blind Faith: Under my Thumb
15 February Small Faces: Itchycoo Park
22 February Traffic: Paper Sun

1 March Matt Monro: We're Gonna Change the World
8 March Carla Bruni: Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out
15 March Elvis Costello: Radio Radio
22 March The Jam: And Your Bird Can Sing
29 March Rolling Stones: Let's Spend the Night Together

5 April Rezillos: Top of the Pops
12 April Eurythmics: When the Day Goes Down
19 April Eric Burdon and the Animals: Colored Rain
26 April Manfred Mann: Semi-detatched Suburban Mr James

3 May Nick Drake: River Man
10 May Monks: Cuckoo
17 May Lisa Hannigan: I Don't Know
24 May They Might Be Giants: Birdhouse in Your Soul
31 May Noel Harrison: The Windmills of Your Mind

7 June Millie: My Boy Lollipop
14 June Spencer Davis Group: Keep on Running
21 June Eddie and The Hot Rods: Do Anything you Wanna do
28 June Creation: That's How Strong my Love is

5 July Half Man Half Biscuit: Fuckin' 'Ell it's Fred Titmus
12 July Psalm 79 from the Isle of Lewis
19 July Johnny Cash: Folsom Prison Blues
26 July Duckworth Lewis Method: Gentlemen and Players

2 August Rick Nelson: Garden Party
9 August Focus: Sylvia
16 August Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood: Can't Find My Way Home
23 August XTC: Love on a Farm Boy's Wages
30 August Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band: Hunting Tigers Out In India

6 September 10cc: Wall Street Shuffle
13 September Dusty Springfield: I Just Don't Know What to do With Myself
20 September Spencer Davis Group: Dust My Blues
27 September Nico: I'm not saying

4 October Clifford T. Ward: Home Thoughts from Abroad
11 October David Byrne: Nothing but Flowers
18 October David Bowie: This is not America
25 October Traffic: Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys

1 November Procul Harum: Pandora's Box
8 November Carly Simon: It Was So Easy Then
15 November Chris Farlowe: Out of Time
22 November Runrig: Skye
29 November The Seekers: Georgy Girl

6 December David Hemmings: Anathea
13 December Boomtown Rats: Rat Trap
20 December Hazel O'Connor: Will You
27 December Steve Winwood: Can't Find My Way Home

Now to put them in alphabetical order...

2 comments:

wolfi said...

You really are a fan of Steve Winwood (just like me):

He appears on 8 of your 52 videos ...

BTW: My wife and I are going to the open air concert of Steve and Eric Clapton in Munic - at 70€ per person that's not too expensive.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

wolfi

Jonathan Calder said...

Eight out of 52? That is only 15.4 per cent.

I was afraid it would be higher than that.