Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Six of the Best 63

Callooh! Callay! Lynne Featherstone has won the Orange Digital Election Award for "the best use of digital campaigning by a candidate".

Caron's Musings thinks that Iain Dale should get his own radio show and Helen Duffett should be a regular guest.

Seeing Margaret Thatcher on the doorstep of 10 Downing Street made Spiderplant Land "feel sick to the pit of my stomach and re-awakened my anti Tory sentiment". Maybe I am mellowing, but to me it was just extending a courtesy to a former prime minister - albeit one she is reported never to have shown to Jim Callaghan. And as time goes on, the changes of the 1980s look less like the product of Thatcher's personal wickedness and more like the inevitable breakdown of the 1945 settlement. And I never liked school milk anyway.

Did Alastair Campbell pay towards Ed Balls ousting attempt? asks Mark Reckons. I doubt it very much but am doing my bit to pass the rumour on.

Paul Remfry, UKIP, Weaver Vale looks at plans for Glasgow to build its own Stonehenge, in part as tribute to Professor Alexander Thom, proponent of the Megalithic yard.

And Narrowboat Starcross tackles Foxton locks near Market Harborough.

1 comment:

dreamingspire said...

I hated school milk.

Thought Maggie looked very cheerful, the man standing next to her outside No 10 being the cause, I presume. Not lost all her marbles, apparently.