Friday, September 21, 2012

Lord Bonkers' Diary: When visiting Corby...

The end of our latest visit to the world of Lord Bonkers. He appears in each issue of Liberator magazine.

When visiting Corby...

I trust I shall meet many of my readers at the Corby by-election over the coming weeks. I cannot in all honesty recommend that you stay in Corby itself, but why not come to Rutland? It is true that the rooms at the Bonkers’ Arms soon get booked up, but there is plenty of room in the Stables here at the Hall.

I would not dream of charging my fellow Liberal Democrats for a bed for the night, but it would be a nice gesture if you felt able to do a little work in return for your accommodation. The rock in the quarries hereabouts is among the most friable you will find in the East Midlands and I am confident that you would be free to go canvassing well before tea time.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South-West 1906-10

Earlier this week in Lord Bonkers' Diary

No comments: