Friday, November 15, 2013

Lord Bonkers' Diary: "What about the twerkers?"

"What about the twerkers?"

What’s this one? It’s an invoice from my wine merchants – let us put it to one side. This one is more promising: what do I think of twerkers? I think this is from a young person having a jape; they hope I’ll say something about “What about the twerkers?” being a common cry at the political meetings of my youth or declare that I support twerkes’ control of industry and thus reveal myself to be a silly old buffer who is out of touch with the modern world.

Well, they’ll have to get up earlier in the morning to catch me out! I think the twerkers are damned fine fighting men and Joanna Lumley had absolutely the right idea. Ayo Twerkhali!

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South-West 1906-10

Earlier this week...

No comments: