Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Douglas Carswell is a special snowflake

Douglas Carswell, Ukip's only MP, sent a tweet ridiculing the judges during Gina Miller's original Article 50 court case. I replied asking what he proposed putting in the place of an independent judiciary.

I didn't get a reply. I didn't really expect to.

Now I find he has blocked me.

It's odd. Ukip pretend to believe in robust debate - no time for political correctness and all that - but the reality is that they are incredibly thin skinned.

Poor Douglas, it seems, is a special snowflake who must never hear an opposing view.

So what did he want to put in place of an independent judiciary? I can think of three alternatives that might attract him.

  1. All judges to be appointed by the prime minister and dismissed on the sport if they make a politically inconvenient ruling.
  2. All trials to be settled by referendums, with buses plastered with lies touring the country during the campaign.
  3. All judgments to be delivered from a dais by Paul Nuttall in full Ukip uniform while his minions (inc. D. Carswell) sit adoring at his feet, only to break into three hours of spontaneous applause when his peroration is complete.
Now I guess I'll never know which it is.

No comments: