Monday, May 24, 2010

No2ID and No Third Runway at Heathrow

I have had the No2ID badge on this blog for years and the Greenpeace Airplot badge, protesting against plans for a third runway at Heathrow, for quite a time too.

When I added them I assumed both lost causes. Tonight I have taken them off because both battles appear to have been won. I hope I am not being premature in either case.

I have also taken the Liberal Democrat general election manifesto down and added an England flag, at least for the duration of the World Cup.

The next job is to replenish my blogroll...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bloody Great!

dreamingspire said...

It wasn't the ID card concept that was wrong, it was the statist control freakery that went with it. We need not the crude ID card design that HO produced, but an eID capability, that is, a token that helps us to keep secure online and conveniently get the services that today other countries are providing in an effective and cost-efficient way. But, with no govt dept capable of delivering that, we may well end up with multiple methods being offered by different service providers (including public sector), and thus needing more and more smart cards and, in our mobile phones, umpteen digital certificates - with the attendant problem of always wondering if something is going to go wrong and cause us enormous problems. An electronic tower of babel.