Sunday, May 16, 2010

Traffic: Glad



Last week I inflicted Shannon upon you. Since then Chelsea have won the double and the Liberal Democrats have entered government, so I am Glad after all.

This is a nine-minute version of the Traffic instrumental from the video of their 1972 concert in Santa Monica. if you want it to last longer, it segues into Freedom Rider which has featured here before.

There is also a slightly politer version from the 1994 DVD The Last Great Traffic Jam. And Winwood and Clapton play this in their concerts, with Clapton taking the saxophone part on his guitar.

2 comments:

wolfi said...

Just wanted to remind you:

Eric and Steve will play on London on the 20th and 21st ...

We'll be hearing them in Munich - open air. I just hope the weather will be fine by then ...

wolfi said...

One thing I should add:

The american blues guitarist Joe Bonamassa is also coming to Europe again, he'll be in the UK at the end of May.

He's played with B B King and with Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood!

His latest album Black Rock features Bird on a wire ...

You've got to see him (my wife and I were fascinated by his music) - at least listen to his records!