Friday, April 01, 2011

Save the Children's Mothers for Other Mothers campaign



As is its right in a free country, Save the Children has recruited Stacey Solomon to front its Mothers for Other Mothers campaign:
"In 2011, 8 million children will die of preventable causes before they reach their fifth birthday. I know that children and their mothers need vaccines, medicines and access to doctors, nurses and midwives to survive. As a mother I believe no child is born to die.

"That’s why I’m joining with other mothers to pledge my support for every woman and child, no matter where they are in the world, to get the proper healthcare they need.

"This September at the United Nations, world leaders could make a real difference towards saving children’s lives. I will get the other mothers I know to back this campaign, speak out in my community and join the call for 3.5 million health workers.

"Join other mothers and help save children’s lives."